Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Modern Thanks ft. Modern Peonies w/Kara

Hey Guys! It's Kara and I have another project featuring the big, beautiful Modern Peonies. Last time, I colored them with Distress Inks, this time I colored them with my Copic markers.

I used my favorite color combination of R59 and R29 for flowers and YG63 and YG67 for the leaves. Once all of my images were colored I started to prepare the card panel. I die cut a piece of white cardstock with the 4 Bar Stitched Rectangle die. Then I pulled out another old favorite, this circle from the Dreamcatcher Dies. I positioned it slightly to the left on the card panel because I knew I wanted to adhere my flowers slightly to the right and this would balance it out.

I die cut the circle again from black cardstock and inset the black ring into the card panel window. I started playing around with positioning of my flowers and leaves and settled on this composition.  The 'thanks' die from Basic Greetings was the perfect size to span the width of the circle window.

I wanted to back the panel with black, but didn't want the black behind the window to blend in and obscure the 'thanks' sentiment. I used the negative space white circle and adhered it onto the black panel so that it would be behind the window when I adhered the white panel on top. Finally, I adhered the card front to the back panel with dimensional adhesive.

Quite simple, but I really love the interest that the window adds.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.
Wplus9 White Cardstock
Wplus9 White Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Modern Peonies Stamp
Wplus9 Modern Peonies Stamp
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Modern Peonies Die
Wplus9 Modern Peonies Die
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Basic Greetings Die
Wplus9 Basic Greetings Die
Shop at:
WP9

5 comments:

  1. Kara I love that black circle! It draws me right in to your gorgeous target! a fabulous card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO PRETTY! I LOVE the striking colors you've used on this & how you off-set the panel too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First saw this card on IG, and it took my breath away. Its done it again here. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The flowers are just striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome coloring on the flowers, Kara! I also really like the whole design. :) ~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest