Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Eat, Drink and Be Married

Hi there, Iwona (Chupa) here with more April / May Release goodness!

Today I have two wedding cards to share with you. The new foliage dies are gorgeous and versatile. They would suit a variety of occasions and I'm covering one of them today!

The Birds & Branches Frame Die is especially suited for love-themed cards, thanks to the "love birds" that we can perch on one of the branches. I covered mine in Silver Lining Dye Ink and applied a generous layer of chunky glitter glue to each. Once dry, the colour and texture gave a brushed pewter look - quite lovely!

The frame was cut in a decorative textured cardstock to gave it a more realistic, natural look. I mounted it over a layer of patterned paper and stamped the sentiment from Fresh Cut Wreaths, in Silver Lining Dye Ink.

To add a little depth, I watercoloured the flowers the traditional way, and applied Glossy Accents over them. Love the smooth look and feel, and the extra interest it adds to the scene.

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Fresh Cut Wreaths // Inks: Silver Lining Dye Ink // Dies: Birds & Branches Frame Die

I went for an organic look on this card as well. Yet again, making woodgrain texture a feature (more prominent yet) and using foliage die cuts. This time, I cut both of the large frame dies - Foliage Frame and Birds & Branches Frame dies and paired them together.

I ran the single branch from Foliage Frame Die through my die cutting machine five times (using a piece of patterned paper), and removed the parts of the foliage facing inwards to create a denser look for my wreath. 

Once I had the pieces arranged in a wreath shape on the panel, I filled in the gaps with the previously removed parts. A few flowers from Birds & Branches Frame Die, cut from white cardstock, scattered around and topped with tiny pearls, complete the look.

The sentiment is courtesy of the Written On Ribbon stamp set and it's companion die.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back again tomorrow with more to share!

5 comments:

  1. I love how you colored the flowers in the die cut frame, so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are beautiful I especially love the first card because I'm a little partial to pink tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink love birds card is beauuuuutuful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards, especially love the birds & branches frame card!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest