Monday, June 20, 2011

June - All Eyes On...You

Happy Monday all!

How was your Father's Day weekend? Ours was fantastic. I just have to take a small moment to say thank you to my husband -(cause I know he's reading) for being the most amazing father ever. We love you!

It's the 20th of the month and that means it's time for another All Eyes On. I thought it was about time to turn our eyes to the Flickr Gallery for another edition of All Eyes On You! And Wow! There have been some amazing additions to the gallery. I had a blast looking through all of the fantastic projects while looking for one to CASE. I was in need of a Father's Day card, so I was drawn to this one by Wendy:

First of all, let me just say this is perfect just the way it is. Rather than trying to selectively edit it, I chose to use the concept as a starting point. I love her "waves" of torn paper and her minimal color. The paper origami boat??? To Die For! I decided to take it in a cute and fun direction (another difficult style for me) and came up with this:

I used Guiding Light and Woodgrain Silhouettes for the sentiment. I still much prefer her version, but was so happy for the inspiration...and Jason loves it. So mission accomplished. ;o)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and be sure to check out the rest of the design team to see who they chose to CASE:

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Dawn!! I love how you've torn the paper to make it look like waves, and the boat looks fabulous!! Great "case" of a great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those torn waves, girl! And everything on that bright white background just POPS! Fabulous CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing surprise I found visiting here today. Totally love your take on my card, Thank you so much for picking my card to CASE, is so flattering. I love your card as much as I love mine, and I love how you used the twine, super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOTH of these EXQUITISE creations are magnificent - GOSH, how I'd forgotten the rich magic of TORN edge paper - and HOW stunning a use! There's no doubt the "man" would be thrilled with this creation - how could it NOT... {wait for it...} FLOAT HIS BOAT!?!

    {Doh!}

    Super AEO this month, Dawn! LOVE to have an excuse to carefully examine the contents of the flickr gallery - BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest