Sunday, February 20, 2011

All Eyes On...You

It's the 20th of the month and we are all back for another edition of All Eyes On... This month we found our inspiration in none other than YOU! Did you know that Wplus9 has a Flickr Gallery? Everyone is encouraged to upload your Wplus9 creations to the gallery to help spread the inspiration. So this month, I asked all of the ladies to go through the Gallery and pick out a card to CASE. I know, fun, right?! So we each picked a different card/person, you'll just have to visit everyone to see if maybe it was you.

I chose one that jumps out at me every time I visit the Gallery. It's simple, one layer, oh so sophisticated, and by the very talented Angeline Yong. You can find her original tag in the Gallery.

I chose to CASE her layout and use of minimal color.

I used Flora & Fauna I to stamp my dogwood image horizontally across the bottom of the tag in white ink. I traced around all of the edges of the image with a Copic to help the image stand out just a bit more.

I kept the placement of the sentiment the same and used "BIRTHDAY Wishes" from Spring Post. I loved here use of pearls on her original tag, so I mimicked this by placing black pearls in the center of each bloom. To finish it off, I added a die cut butterfly with another punched butterfly on top if it. Just like the snowflake embellishment in Angeline's original. To create the pattern on the punched butterfly, I simply stamped the dogwood image and punched the butterfly from a portion of the image. This is a great way to add an interesting random pattern.

Want to see who everyone else CASED? Click on a Design Team member below to visit their blog and see if maybe it's you.


Elise Durneberger
Hannah Craner
Jinny Newlin
Kerrianne Gwine
Maile Belles
Savitri Wilder
and guest DT Member Sarah Martina Parker

This was so much fun, I can definitely see me doing this often.

3 comments:

  1. *GASP!* CLUNK!* and *YEOWWWZA!*

    This card just SENDS ME... It's beeeeeeaaaaauuuuttttiiiiifffffuuuulllll! It's kind of a brain teaser with the AMAZING color work and monochromatic magic! YOU are the MASTER! I knew, when I saw your tag of inspiration that THIS was going to be a spectacular union! FABULOUS job! WHAT a super premise for our latest AEO! All I can say is "SCORE!" You DA wo-man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Dawn! LOVE how you've used your copics and those stunning pops of black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dawn, I am so honored to know that you've picked my card to CASE it! Thank you! Your tag is just gorgeous and amazing, love the pink and black color combination and that add on butterflies are just STUNNING!

    Angeline

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest